Friday, January 25, 2013

Past Couple of Months

The past couple of months have flown by and we've had so much fun!!  Andrew and I survived finals and ended up having a great semester. We got to go to Logan for a week and American Fork for a week. We're so grateful that both our families live so close and we can see them a lot. On the King side it was the first time all of us had been together since 2008. Then on the Bangerter side we got to be with all of Andrew's family, including all his siblings who live out of the state. We had fun hanging out with our only nephew Jay and our new niece Page. For some reason every time Jay saw me he would reach out his arms and run to me. I felt pretty special. Andrew also discovered that making kissing sounds to Page made her smile....He is going to be a great dad :)

Now that school has started again, I can't believe that this is my  last full semester. After this semester I just have to take one more GE class...YAHOO. Hopefully I'll get that done over the summer through independent study and graduate in August. I can't explain how excited I am to be finished with school and start the next phase of my life. 

Andrew has also had some new things come up with school. Most people know that we were trying to get an internship for winter semester to give Andrew some more experience. Unfortunately, we didn't hear back from any of them. Luckily, on the first day of classes everything changed. Andrew was sitting in one of his stats classes and a professor came in and talked about internship opportunities that BYU has to offer to students while they  are going to school.  So Andrew went and looked at these internships, and at the end of the day he had one with US Bank....which now has changed to United Health Care as of yesterday. This was a huge blessing and an answer to prayers that he was able to get an internship and he even gets to do it while going to school. He is excited to get started and learn more about how to apply statistics in the real world. The lady in charge also asked him if he could help her evaluate the data that other groups come up with at the end of their internships. We'll keep you posted as to how this internship goes and hopefully some news on a summer internship. The plan is to have Andrew complete two internships by the time he graduates in December 2013 or April 2014.

I guess the most exciting thing that has happened to us is that it was my 21st birthday this past week. Andrew surprised me on Christmas morning with two plane tickets and two tickets to Disneyland. So we left on Thursday and headed to sunny California to enjoy a weekend at Disneyland. It was such a fun weekend and we loved being kids again. I'll post pictures soon.

Well that is about all that is going on in our life. We just try to live it up everyday and remember what really is important. I sure am grateful that Andrew is in my life, I don't know what I would do without him.