Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Birth "Day" "Week" "Month"

It is a joke in my family that I celebrate my birthday all day, week, and month long. This year was no different. The day before my birthday we had a big family party for Lincoln's farewell but Andrew and his mom surprised me by having a cake. So I had the whole Garlick clan sing happy birthday to me the night before my birthday. The next morning I woke up to Andrew giving me breakfast in bed along with my gifts. That boy always knows how to surprise me!  I then met my mom for a full day of shopping. To top it all off we went to IHOP for lunch which is a tradition. I have always loved having breakfast food on my birthday and I can't think of a year where I didn't go to IHOP at some point during the day.To end the week my parents came down to Provo for the weekend. They treated me by buying cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy.

All throughout the day I received phone calls, texts, and Facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday and I'm so grateful to every person who called. I truly do have a lot of people in my life that care about me.

In the words of Taylor Swift....."I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22"