Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Second Christmas in St. George

After New Years we got to head to St. George to have a second Christmas with my family. It will probably be one of the last times that all of my family will be together for Christmas. We're heading to graduate school somewhere outside of Utah and my other brother is going to med school in Missouri. Even though it was way past Christmas we still did all of our family Christmas traditions. We opened up Christmas socks, sang/danced to 12 days of Christmas, and did English crackers/poppers for dinner. It was a fun Christmas because my parents decided to have a theme this year for our gifts. The theme was strengthening families with an underlying theme of Duck Dynasty! :) My unhealthy obsession with the Royal Family is nothing compared to my dad's obsession with Duck Dynasty....then again the Royal Family does not sell merchandise at Walmart. So while getting decked out in Ducky Dynasty gear we got a lot of great things to help strengthen our family as well as bringing back some old family traditions.

One of those traditions was shooting off rockets. I was too young to remember but I guess my dad and brothers would build rockets and then go and shoot them off. So we headed to the park and enjoyed shooting our rockets into the air. We only had a few moments where we thought we were going to hit the light posts. The little girls also got a new playhouse to play in. I watched all of my dreams that I wanted as a little girl to get a playhouse come true in my nieces eyes. It is a good thing that I love them so much! haha








Last but not least my niece Lucy is pretty cute. Especially when she sings Frozen! (It is blurry because I had to pull my phone out fast so I could capture the moment).